Independent Contractor Agreement
An Independent Contractor Agreement is also known as a:
- Subcontractor Agreement
- Consulting Agreement
- Freelance Contract
- General Contractor Agreement
- Consulting Services Agreement
What is an independent contractor?
Also known as a consultant or freelancer, an independent contractor is a business or individual that is typically self-employed and provides a product or service for a customer in exchange for monetary compensation.
What is an Independent Contractor Agreement?
An Independent Contractor Agreement is a written contract that spells out the terms of the working arrangement between a contractor and client, including:
- A description of the services provided
- Terms and length of the project or service
- Payment details (including deposits, retainers, and other billing details)
- Confidentiality, non-solicitation, and dispute resolution clauses
Who can use an Independent Contractor Agreement?
Contractors, freelancers, or consultants who wish to have a written agreement with