- A 24-acre Lake Tahoe property that was previously used as a backdrop in the popular TV series “Bonanza” just sold for $38 million.
- The sale makes it the highest-priced waterfront sale on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe, according to Realtor.com.
- The home on the property is 17,700 square feet and was built in 2004.
- It comes equipped with a private beach, horse stables, a home theater, and as many fireplaces as there are bedrooms.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The Cartwrights rode horses across television sets against a backdrop of pine trees and picturesque mountains on the Ponderosa Ranch from 1959 to 1973. And while “Bonanza” was fictional, the ranch was not.
The real Ponderosa Ranch, a sprawling 24-acre property in Nevada, looks a little different today. And it just sold for $38 million.
Realtor.com reported that the home’s high selling price makes it the most expensive waterfront home sold on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe. And the property is a sprawling estate worthy of that record — the 17,700-square-foot home features nine bedrooms, nine fireplaces, a home theater, a game room, and a full gym and sauna.
The sale comes as wealthy city dwellers flock to Lake Tahoe amid the pandemic in search of more space and seclusion.
Lexi Cerretti of Sierra Sotheby’s International Realty held the listing. Keep reading for a look at the luxurious property.