Table of Contents
- 1 How we bought an unlisted house
- 2 How to buy a house that isn’t on the market
- 3 Find a real estate agent willing to do some digging
- 4 Commit to buying a house in a particular area
- 5 Be flexible
- 6 Work out your mortgage ahead of time
- 7 Decide what you’re willing to do
- 8 Don’t assume your seller won’t play the field
While trying to buy a house this summer, I assumed our real estate options were limited to homes that were officially for sale.
Well, guess what? We ended up buying a house that wasn’t even listed—and learned that this home-buying strategy wasn’t just possible, but often preferable if you’re purchasing property in a competitive market.