Table of Contents
- 1 She came up with the idea for the business in 2005, when she was working as a police officer and met a family saddled with the grim duty of crime scene cleanup.
- 2 In 2019, Spaulding Decon’s cleanup operation made $4.5 million in revenue, according to Inc. Magazine.
- 3 Revenue grew to about $10 million last year, and the company now has 56 franchises.
- 4 In 2016, Spaulding launched a real estate operation, which brought in about $500,000 last year, she said.
- 5 She buys messy, run-down properties at low prices from sellers who don’t want to deal with cleaning up the house and putting it on the market.
- 6 As the housing market has gotten more competitive in recent years, Spaulding’s real estate pipeline of extremely messy homes has remained untouched.