EL CERRITO, CA — This newly listed home for sale in El Cerrito — with charm aplenty —likely will not linger on the market. Built in 1928, the Spanish-style property boasts a fetching facade, built-ins, period-perfect doorways and fireplace, and a stunner pair of arched windows in the main room.
Remodeled a few years ago, the 2,294-square-foot residence features a modern kitchen, sleek appliances and three baths, one with radiant-heated floors.
And a true asset is the lower level’s in-law suite with a kitchen, bath, bedroom, living area and separate entrance.
Take a peek, and don’t miss the backyard. … Follow the listing link for more photos and info.
- Address: 5435 Poinsett Ave, El Cerrito, California
- Price: $899,000
- Square Feet: 2294
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 3 Baths
- Built: 1928
- Features: Mediterranean with in-law unit added downstairs in 2017 with permits! Blocks to two parks, Poinsett Park and Canyon Trail, this home offers 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms on the main level and a full in-law downstairs with 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom.
- In 2016, the main house was renovated. Kitchen updated with quartz countertops, stainless steel appliances and sink, open shelves, refurbished cabinets, and triple water filtration system.
- Located at the back of the home, the en-suite bedroom boasts two large picture windows with a view of the sunset and a separate office space. The bathroom was fully renovated with radiant-heated floors and walk-in shower. Rounding out the main house are two bedrooms and one full bathroom.
- Downstairs is a permitted in-law space, with a separate entrance. The full in-law is replete with a kitchen, spacious living room, dining area off the kitchen, bathroom and 1 bedroom. Off the back of the house is a small deck and backyard that was redesigned in 2020.
This listing originally appeared on realtor.com. For more information and photos, click here.